Saturday, February 05, 2005

Beagle

I really like beagle - Beagle is cool.


It takes a bit to install - you really need to go through the steps outlined in the wiki. But it does work quite well. It still is a bit ropey, and it can miss things out, but it is shaping up to be a very exciting product.


There are features I have not enabled yet, like the g-streaner stuff, and the network awareness (I think it will go and search Google for you). So far it can see my evolution stuff, and my aggregated news/blogs in liferia, my gaim chat logs, and my ordinary files. Somehow, it won't search my xchat logs, which is a real shame. Once I get the epiphany extensions compiled, then my browsing history and my bookmarks will be included too. I think it will soon be a really nice and useful desktop search tool.

No comments: